Publisher: Topware Interactive | Platform: PC | 1.58 GB
Combining elements from both trading and strategy games, Commander: Conquest of the Americas will appeal to a wide range of players. Players take charge of one of the many European powers aiming to conquer the New World. Starting from 16th century, players can choose from many different nations, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses.
Founding new colonies and then making them thrive is key to success. In order to accomplish this, players need to manage and optimize resources and production in their colonies, before transporting the goods to other colonies or back to Europe. Rival powers and Native Americans can prove to be allies or enemies, depending on the player decisions. Hostile fleets engage each other in highly detailed tactical level. Players can command their ships in RTS fashion or take direct control themselves.
- The infamous pirate island Tortuga where players can purchase items and ships.
- 10 pirate bounty missions
- Hire pirate captains and use their fleets against your enemies without taking the blame for their unprovoked attacks.
- Hunt down famous pirates and confront their fleets in naval battle.
- Capture the pirates and use their maps and ships as your own.
- Find 10 powerful artifacts that benefit your fleets and colonies.
- Pirate Treasure Chest also introduces forward and aft chasers cannons into the naval battles for the first time.
- The Gold ED. contains both DLCs: Colonial Navy (with 3 new tradeand war ships, 3 new resources, 7 new historical Commanders and 3 Historical Naval Battles) and Pirate Treasure Chest (with Tortugua as new pirate town, 10 additional missions and 10 unique artifacts)